Homeowners Insurance

Reilly Insurance prides itself on being a lead writer of Homeowners Insurance in Montana. We have the ability to write policies for renters, condos and townhouses, plus other coverages depending on your needs. Reilly Insurance writes in the rural communities of Montana and the homes outside of preferred fire protection districts. We grew up in Montana so we insure those risks others will not write because of the distance to fire departments or age of the property.

Homeowners Insurance coverage provides protection against any loss due to disaster, theft or accident. Standard policies typically include four types of coverage:

Coverage For

The Structure
Of Your Home

This would cover you if you home is damaged or destroyed due to fire, hurricane, hail, lightning or other disasters. Typically, policies will also cover detached structures such as garages, tool sheds or gazebos. It is worth noting that standard policies do not cover damages due to flood, earthquake or routine wear.
Coverage For

Personal Belongings

This covers furniture, clothes, sports equipment and other personal items if they are destroyed by a natural disaster or stolen. Typically, coverage is 50 to 70 percent of the insurance you have on the structure of your home. Expensive items such as jewelry, furs, art, collectibles and silverware are covered, but typically have dollar limits if stolen. Trees, plants and shrubs are also covered under most Homeowners Insurance plans to a certain dollar amount, but are not covered for disease or poor maintenance.
Coverage For

Liability Protection

Liability covers you against any potential lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or members of your family may cause to other people. Liability also covers damages caused by your pets.This protection will pay for the cost of defending you in court and any court awards, up to the limit stated in your policy. You will also be covered for no-fault medical coverage, meaning if a friend or neighbor is injured while in your home, they are able to submit medical bills directly to your insurance company.
Coverage For

Living Expenses

Additional Living Expenses (ALE) help to pay the additional costs that come from living away from home if you are put out due to damage from an insured disaster. Coverage includes hotel bills, restaurant meals and any other costs, above your typical living expenses, you incur while your home is rebuilt. If you rent a portion of your home, ALE also covers you for any rent you would collect from a tenant had your home not been destroyed.

Frequently asked questions about Homeowners Insurance

How much will it cost to rebuild my home and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed?
We will show you coverage that will help you make informed decisions. Replacement cost coverage is an important element of the homeowner’s policy, be sure to ask about this when we’re reviewing which options are best for you and your family.
Do you have a long history and good reputation in the state for customer service and paying claims?
Our long-standing reputation in Montana as part of the Farmers Insurance Union is second to none in these vital areas.
Does the policy address identity theft?
This is a growing concern and our policy offers a service through ID Resolution, LLC. to specifically address this concern.
Do you have the option to cover Equipment Breakdown?
Yes! For an additional premium, you can protect nearly all the critical equipment and systems your home depends on to function efficiently, such as:

  • Circuit breaker panels
  • Alarm systems
  • Air and refrigeration compressors
  • Cooling systems
  • Electric panels for sprinkler systems
  • Plus more!

This can also include covered property in your home like: TV’s, stereos and computers.

Why do I need Homeowners Insurance?

If you own your own home, Homeowners Insurance is for you. Although it is not legally required to have insurance on your home, if your home is financed by a mortgage, your lender will more than likely require you to have Homeowners Insurance.

To learn more about Homeowners Insurance and to see if you’re covered, give us a call at 406-952-4343.